Saturday, March 3, 2007

12-05-2005 Post By Rob Campbell

Good Evening from Maine...


I was at the atomic tests at Eniwetok in 1951, a thing called GREENHOUSE. My interest in Bikini is that I am
writing a book about what really happened at CROSS-ROADS (JTF-1). The "official" history is a fairy tale. At the
same time, in cooperation with another atomic vet, I am compiling a mortality study of CROSSROADS vets. There seems to be a lot of deaths from cancer and the indication so far is that two ships could rightfully be called "Death Ships." However, in researching I came across the fact that the PGM boats were all over the place running errands, doing radiation studies, etc., and given this I am trying to reach out to all former PGM sailors at Bikini in 1946. You see, the VA has been very sting with benefits when it comes to taking care of Atomic Vets. Oh, yes, I was in the Army at Eniwetok. I'm 73 and winding up my career as a legal secretary. Will now see what I can find out from the archive source you sent me. Many thanks and please stay in touch.
Rob Campbell
207-773-9594

No comments: