Saturday, March 3, 2007

11-20-2003 Post By Gene Holtmeyer.

This is an e-mail received
Good news. Another Officer has been fond!
To Don Priewe: ( son of Don Priewe, Gunnery Oficer)It was so nice to hear from you and to find out that your dad is still alive. The last time I saw him I was 21 and now I am 79 so you would think there might not be too many of us left. Your dad was my favorite officer. He seemed like a very nice guy and he liked the way I shot my 20mm gun. I was from Houston, Texas but I married a girl from Mound, Minnesota which is 20 miles from downtown Minneapolis on Lake Minnetonka so have lived up here since I was 28. I have had a fantastic life from a job standpoint and have 3 wonderful children and 5 wonderful grandchildren.



Tell him that Bill Borough Bill EM 3/c has put a nice site on the Internet and that is how all of this got started about two months ago. I kept a diary aboard ship and I was able to add our day to day adventures starting when we picked it up in New Orleans on January 3, 1945 until after Japan surrendered in August. I sent it to Bill 3 or 4 days ago and no doubt he will have it on the Internet on his site shortly if it is not already there. Otherwise if he is interested I can send him a copy. I always have trouble finding it and if I ever find it again I will put it on my desktop. You can get the email address from him. There is a complete list of all the staff on the internet and on my list. In fact why don't I just send it to you and you can give it to him.

No comments: