Saturday, March 3, 2007

01-23-2007 Post By Ginger O'Connor Heywood

E-Mail Recieved

Mr. Borough,


My name is Ginger O'Connor Heywood, my father was Thomas J. O'Connor who was stationed on the USS PGM 31. My father is the sailor on the right-hand end of the picture from Ryan Galentine, pertaining to his Grandfather Frank Kamer. I don't have too many pictures of my Dad from that time, but I do have some, including the one on your website, and I do not know when they were taken or where, or who the other men in the pictures are. (Please ignore the captions on the pictures, my Mother gave me those after my Father had passed away.)



I am enclosing a few of the pictures that I have, maybe someone can tell me who the other men in the pictures are. I am also enclosing a picture of my parents when they got remarried on Sept. 9, 2001, almost 62 years after their first wedding.



My father passed away on July 4, 2002, and is buried in Arlington National Cemetery. He spent his life from 1937 until 1962 in the US Navy, and then the next 10 years working for the Navy in San Diego. He would never talk about the WW II years, and unfortunatey it has taken me this long to sit down and take a complete inventory of all the paperwork that he had. I found his card from the Sacred Order of The Golden Dragon from April 5, 1945, (I am going through all of his papers doing a scrapbook of his life), so I wanted a picture of the PGM 31, which is what brought me to this site.



Any information would be greatly appreciated. My telephone number is 828-453-7509 or cellphone 828-980-3186 and my email address is
heywoodj@bellsouth.net.

No comments: