Saturday, March 3, 2007

02-19-2007 Post By Michael Dziovgo

Hi Bill....my father married my Mom Helen Solar from W.Va April 12,1947.....they met in night school in the Bronx......kids as follows...Joe Jr. 03/02/47 (USMC Vietnam Vet),Elizabeth 09/03/49,Me 01/10/54, Edward 09/14/61..........we lived in Somerville NJ in our first house from 1961-1986....Dad was a draftsman (furniture) which he loved to do....he got colon cancer in 1984, retired to a brand new house with my mother in Fountain Hills, Arizona in 1986...The cancer came back and spread to his liver...sadly my father passed away in Somerville NJ at the young age of 61 on 10/13/88........he was buried in the Bronx but about 10 yrs ago my Mom had him moved to Piscataway NJ where I live........ my Mom will be 79 in 2 wks and she lives in a nice retirement village about an hour from me.......my father and the rest of our family were so proud of what he and the rest of you servicemen and women did........you truly were THE GREATEST GENERATION...I'll send you some real good pictures this weekend.........God bless Michael

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Michael- I can't believe its you!!! I 've been trying to reach your family for years (Sorry I'm using this blog to contact you) but I found this site by accident. My name is Gary -across the street neighbor- we played "street hockey" in Fieldstone Drive. Please contact me @ gary@securityconsultantgroup.us or kokopellicorphx@netscape.com