Saturday, March 3, 2007

05-11-2005 Post By Victor Decker

The PGM 31 website recieved the following message :

To: Bill Borough

Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 4:21 AM

Subject: Ernest P. Asal, PGM31



Hey Bill...


I just wanted to personally thank you for the website. My grandfather, Ernest Asal, will be very happy to find out about it.... though he isnt much into the electronic information age...I was excited to see the Ship's Blog with a story about him. He will find it funny...as he would probably try the same joke today if he was ever tossed into any body of water. I am an avid WWII buff ..especially the Pacific Theater. I watch and own many shows about the Navy during the War. And i am definitly a true supporter of those who are serving and those who have served.

My wife is currently in the Navy and that has spurred me on to learn more and more.



God Bless You for what you and my Papa and all of your shipmates and fellow Seaman did for this country. For if it wasnt for you i may not have even been born...and if so...not into the world i know today.



I salute you sir!!



Victor Decker

No comments: